Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ergodex: I wish I had thought of this!

So, I'm having a little Saturday morning breakfast at home today and doing a little channel surfing at the same time. I land on FLN's "I Want That" and this guy named Scott Rix is talking about his new invention, the Ergodex keyboard. This is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. And when I say cool, I don't just mean in the "I've never seen anything like that" sense (which is definitely part of it), but I also mean cool in the sense that it has immense real world applicability. It's a customizable keyboard that allows you to place individual keys on a sensing pad in whatever arrangement you like. Bye-bye qwerty keyboard. This guy has an opportunity to revolutionize the computing world. Seriously. You gotta see this. I know I want one. With all the different keyboard combinations for commands in Pro Tools, this thing would be one of the best investments I could make.

No comments: