Saturday, February 9, 2008

One of these days, I am actually going to make this blog somewhat of a congruent endeavor. For now, it's just sort of a random collection of musings and thoughts. It's taking me some time to get into some sort of organizational approach to the blog, but maybe I'll hit my stride soon.

With that in mind, I actually do have plans of continuing this guitar instruction thing as some sort of loose series that some of you might actually enjoy and find useful. So, keep checking back often. I hope to have a few vids and tabs up to expand on the first lick by the end of the month.

Other than being busy with the rest of my life, my only other excuse is that I've been fighting with this friggin' Pro Tools LE again. Took me about two weeks of troubleshooting and discussion on the Digidesign User Conference, but I'm actually back to working with my recording sessions. I've been working on a few demo songs for my little solo project that I hope to complete someday. My perfect world scenario would be to release 3-5 songs through a website launch and build a little band to play out locally a little bit. I'd like to see that happen by summertime, but we'll see how it goes.

Maybe I'll post some clips of a few of the demos that I've been working on just for kicks and feedback. I'll have to think about that one.

Anyway, in my pursuit of better home recording skills, I've come across a few cool sites and blogs on the subject. This one is really cool with helpful hints and other interesting nuggets of info about recording and sound production...http://www.hometracked.com/.

No comments: